Mr R.C, Hartlepool - Mesothelioma

Diagnosed With Mesothelioma 

Mr C was diagnosed with Mesothelioma after complaining of breathing difficulties and pain in the side of rib cage. He sought the advice of his local GP who referred him to a specialist at Hartlepool University Hospital. It was initially thought that Mr C had Pneumonia however after a CT scan and a bronchoscapy he was diagnosed with Mesothelioma.

Mr C had left school at 16 and began work as an electricians apprentice at South Durham Steel and Iron Company and worked there for a total of 23 years between 1959 and 1983. Mr C was regularly exposed to airborne asbestos dust without being provided with respiratory equipment nor was he given any warnings about the dangers of unprotected asbestos exposure. During Mr C’s apprenticeship he frequently handled electrical cable which was covered in asbestos insulation in order to protect it from the heat given off by the factory furnaces. The asbestos around the pipes was fairly soft and during the process of installation lagging was often disturbed causing tiny particles of asbestos dust to become airborne.

Mr C confirmed further exposure to asbestos in the early 1960’s, a number of factories in the area had closed and he had been employed to cut, rip and remove old electrical cabling. Most of the cables were covered in asbestos for insulation. The client remembered seeing asbestos dust hanging in the air all around him – no protective respiratory equipment was ever provided by his employers.

Mesothelioma Compensation

We referred Mr C to one of our expert solicitors in London who was able to successfully recover £67,000 in compensation on his behalf. Sadly Mr C passed away 6 months after contacting the Asbestos Claim Centre.

Let us call you back